FAQ: How do pre-registration events work?
Pre-registration events are setup when there may be enough interested in a geographic location to run a class. The pre-registration event allows DesktopEngineer.com to qualify interest levels and help run more courses closer to where students want them.
If you are pre-registering for an event, consider sending a note to collegues that might pre-register - the more that register the better chance that the class will be confirmed in your location sooner!
The pre-registration events are managed as follows:
- A pre-registration event is put up based on receiving several location requests for a given area.
- Individuals can register for this event to secure a pre-registered seat. A credit card is required to secure the seat, but no charges are made.
- When enough individuals have pre-registered, a date is established and an email is sent to all registrants to confirm their interest with a deposit paid by credit card.
- If enough interest is confirmed via deposits, the course is confirmed and registrants are required to complete payment via credit card or check.
- Pre-registrations that are not confirmed via deposit or full payment are unregistered to make room for other registrants.